MOOCs have changed the way of learning. Education is available in our hands with digitization and MOOC providers. We can learn any topic from our home. MOOCs are a boon for those who wanted to learn from Top Universities and didn’t get the opportunity.
MOOC stands for Mass Open Online Course – meaning a collection of online courses available for learning by public 24/7. MOOCs include the nonprofit providers like Khan Academy and EdX, and the for-profit providers Udacity and Coursera and much more
There are a lot of MOOCs in the learning field, and we will learn about the top vendors in this article.
5 Online Learning and Mass Open Online Course (MOOCs) Platforms for New Skills
EdX is one of the pioneers of MOOC, it was started in the Fall of 2011. Since then the MOOC platform has seen the boom. EdX offers free and paid online courses and classes. One can find the latest courses from the world’s best universities including MIT, Harvard, Berkeley, UT and others. Course fees can be anywhere between 0- $1000.
It provides courses across a wide range of academic and technical topics. They are one of the Top 3 providers in MOOC and have a huge collection of courses. They also provide micro free courses in the latest technology topics.
Coursera is a venture-backed, education-focused technology company that offers online courses and is based in Mountain View, CA. It provides online courses by with tie-ups with universities across the US and other countries. They primarily provide online degree programs in Business, Computer science, and Data science. Their degree courses are costing between $29 -$99 and normally run for 4-6 weeks. Courses are recognized in the Technology industry.
Courses are delivered as recorded video lectures. Peer review of assignments and auto-grading are provided. They also have community discussion forums. When you complete a course, you’ll receive a shareable electronic Course Certificate.
Penn, John Hopkins, University of Michigan, Stanford,UC San Diego, duke are some of the Universities offering courses through Courseera. They are one of the top 3 online course providers.
Best Selling Courses from Coursera:
- Learn Data Science from Johns Hopkins University on Coursera. #1 Specialization on Coursera. Enroll online today!
- Master Machine Learning fundamentals in 5 hands-on courses from University of Washington. Enroll today!
- Master Python in 5 Online Courses from University of Michigan. Enroll today!
- Build skills for a top job in any industry. Explore hundreds of business courses on Coursera today.
- Earn your Business Analytics Certificate from the Wharton School on Coursera. Join now!
- Master Scala Programming fundamentals directly from Scala architect Martin Odersky. Enroll today!
- Learn Excel, Tableau, and SQL to analyze data, create forecasts and visualizations in 5 online courses from Duke. Enroll today!
Udemy.com is an online learning platform. It is aimed at the professional working groups. Unlike online learning programs driven by traditional collegiate coursework, where the syllabus is prepared and delivered by the faculties of the Institution, Udemy provides a platform for experts across various departments to create and offer courses of their own.
These courses can be offered to the public, either at no charge or for a tuition fee. The tools to create and deliver courses are provided in the Udemy platform. Udemy courses are more popular because of their pricing structure. They run a large no.of effective courses in a low value of $10, running upto 20 hours. However, Udemy courses are not accredited as college courses. They are primarily for improving the job skills. As of 2017, there are more than 55,000 courses on their website Udemy.com.
Udacity was born in Stanford, when two professors decided to build a course on Artificial Intelligence. Udacity is famous for their Nano-degrees.
Nano-degrees are courses from beginner to advanced level in various technical topics and the duration can be anywhere from a few weeks to months. Free courses are also offered. They are one of the top 3 online course providers.
This is an online learning platform that provides free courses on culture and education. It stands out from the other platforms by providing free learning resources in many forms: Audio books, Language lessons, music and movies too!
They also provide email subscriptions through which you can get notified of their new arrivals, without browsing the loads of collections.
With MOOCs learning is a fun and flexible activity. Learn from your home at your own pace to earn that long-awaited degree! Happy Learning.
You May Also Like:
- 7 Best Online Courses On Data Science
- Best Affiliate Marketing Courses You Should Take Today
- 7 Courses to Take Before Starting a WebDevelopment Business
- 7 Best SEO Training Courses to Rank Your Business Website
- Must Have Courses to Start a Drop Shipping Business
- 7 Best Courses for Social Media Marketing